25% Off Dental Cleaning
(available Jan 14- March 1)
Dental disease is the most widespread disease in adult dogs and cats. As many as 85% of dogs have the disease by the time they are 3-4 years old. Factors such as breed, genetics, and diet can play a role in determining the severity to which pets will be affected. If left untreated, pets with dental disease are more likely to be diagnosed with heart disease, kidney disease, diabetes, as well as various infections. This is due to the bacteria from the mouth constantly entering the bloodstream and migrating throughout your pet's body.
Signs to look for at home include:
* bad breath
* red, swollen or irritated gums
* unusual or excessive salivation
* problems picking up or chewing food
* reluctance to eat
* tendency to chew on one side of mouth
* loss of interest in chew toys
If you notice any of the above signs please feel free to call us to schedule a FREE pre-dental exam with one of our technicians. Your pet's teeth and gums will be evaluated to determine which level of cleaning they will need. These levels range from:
* Routine Cleaning (under 45 minutes with no extractions)
*Intermediate Cleaning (45-90 minutes with possible extractions, if necessary)
*Complex Cleaning (over 90 minutes with multiple extractions)
Estimates available at the time of a doctor appointment or a technician appointment. Three days prior to a dental cleaning, your pet will need to start on an oral antibiotic to prevent bacteria or infection from spreading through the body during the procedure.
Dental procedures at Timonium Animal Hospital include:
*IV catheter and fluids
*Pulse oximeter monitoring
*Heating unit to help maintain normal body temperature
*Hospitalization for the day with individualized support from a technician monitoring recovery from anesthesia, comfort levels, body temperature, and feeding a soft/bland food
*Complementary dental care package to help maintain healthy teeth and gums
VERY IMPORTANT TO KNOW FOR NATIONAL DENTAL MONTH:
* Pre-Anesthetic bloodwork is required & can be done the morning of the dental.
* Pre-dental antibiotics/tooth extractions/dental radiographs/pain medication (if extractions are done), specialized anesthesia (Propofol) for high risk patients, are additional charges.
* New patients OR patients not seen within a year at our clinic, are not applicable for a free pre-dental exam. Please schedule a physical exam (60.00) by one of our doctors, prior to scheduling a dental.
* We highly recommend going to our website and downloading, printing, and completing our Surgical Consent Form, prior to arrival of your scheduled dental. (timoniumanimalhospital.com)
* Please prepare, as this is an ALL DAY EVENT for your pet. Pet check-in time is 6:30am-8:00am, and go-home time is typically after 6:00/7:00pm the same evening.
* Payment is due in full, at time of pick-up